Friday 25 March 2011

Baking for School

Since I love to bake so much I am always looking for excuses to do it. The boy's teacher was going off on maternity leave so they were having a goodbye party for her. You don't have to say party twice, my oven was preheating in anticipation!!


So I decided to make something delicious and easy. Shortbread. My favourite 1-2-3 recipe...and then drizzle it with chocolate and put sprinkles on top. 'Cause the kids are 5 and so am I a bit!
 Today they school was having a coffee morning to raise money for SCIAF and well...you know. I made some lemon drizzle cupcakes. No photos I'm afraid. The girl was crying so I basically made them while holding her. Poor thing has got a nasty cold and is miserable. I will post about the lemon cake at some point. It's mostly what I'm famous for in these parts. To the point where that's what I get my next door neighbour for Christmas. It's his very very favourite.

Proper Scottish Shortbread

1 oz caster sugar
2 oz unsalted butter
3 oz plain flour
a little splash of milk if you need it...

mix all ingredients together to make a dough. Chill for at least an hour. Roll out and cut into whatever shapes take your fancy. Or roll into balls and flatten.

Bake at GM4 for 10 - 12 minutes. It really depends on how thick you make them. Keep an eye on them and don't let them get too dark. (I always burn a few)

These are great with dark chocolate chips as well. In fact if you put the chocolate chips in I wouldn't bother to bake them, Just eat the dough. Seriously, it's awesome.

Now....I'm off to check the school calendar!

No comments:

Post a Comment