Sunday 20 March 2011

Confession time...

Well, sort of a confession. If you know me you'll already know this. If you've been to my house you'll definitely know this...

I suck at keeping house.

There I said it.

Frankly, I would rather do just about anything rather than clean. Don't get me wrong, I do love a clean and tidy house, I just wish there were little fairies or something who would come in while I'm out to do dishes and hoover.

A girl can dream can't she?

Anyway, my tip of the week for all us slatterns out there is this: invite someone over. Invite someone over who always has a lovely tidy house.

Nothing motivates me more than the thought that someone might see the slovenly mess that is my house. Of couse, you must understand that I have 2 small children. It doesn't stay tidy for long. But for those three or even four minutes it really is bliss!

So that's what I did today. I asked a friend and her kids over, then ran around like a crazy person tidying.

And it was totally win-win. I got a tidy house, and a friend to chat to and some cake! (my friends never come empty handed) And, the kids played nicely and I got a bit of peace. See? Win-win.

So, I'll never be a domestic goddess, but I get by. And as for all those real naturally tidy type people out there...well, let them eat cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment